User Responsibilities and Acceptable Usage Policy
When using resources at ISMMS, you agree to the following user responsibilities:
- You have the responsibility to protect your account from unauthorized use. Never share your login information. If you believe your account has been compromised, immediately notify us at email@example.com
- You have responsibility for the security of your programs and data.
- You may not copy and/or distribute proprietary software without the software owner’s permission. Possession or use of illegally copied software is prohibited; all software must be appropriately acquired and used according to its specific license.
- Some software offered on the system is controlled by a license agreement. You are responsible for reviewing the license (see Documentation>Licenses) and familiarizing yourself with any restrictions. Pay particular notice to any requirements for referencing the software in publications or other derived works.
- ISMMS resources may only be used for the purpose(s) prescribed in the project award. Use of these resources for processing proprietary information, source code or executable code must be disclosed in the award process and is prohibited unless authorized by the project award. Use of ISMMS resources for export controlled information, source code or executable code is prohibited, without an export license.
- To ensure protection of data and resources, user activity may be monitored, intercepted, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorities. By using this system, the user consents to such at the discretion of authorized site personnel.
- Activities in violation of any laws may be reported to the proper authorities for investigation and prosecution. Abusive activity may be reported to your department and Dean for review and action.
- ISMMS file systems are generally very reliable; however, data may still be lost or corrupted. Users are responsible for backing up critical data.
- The file system and storage resources are not encrypted and, therefore, only encrypted personally identifiable health information should be stored on this system.
- Violations of ISMMS policy can result in loss of access to ISMMS resources and disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- An acknowledgement of support from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai should appear in a publication of any material, whether copyrighted or not, based on or developed with Mount Sinai-supported computing resources. Please use the following statement: “This work was supported in part by the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.”
All usage of Scientific Computing and Data resources, including the ticket system, is governed by Mount Sinai’s Code of Conduct.
If you have questions, you may contact MSSM Scientific Computing Support during normal working hours, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ET at firstname.lastname@example.org.