Vanderbilt’s REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, 21 CFR Part 11 compliant web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. REDCap provides:
- Audit trails for tracking data manipulation and user activity
- Automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel, PDF, and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
- A built-in project calendar
- A scheduling module
- Ad hoc reporting tools
- Advanced design features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields
Learn more about REDCap capabilities and features here.
All REDCap users must have their own accounts. All Mount Sinai Hospital and School users automatically have access to REDCap and can log in to https://redcap.mountsinai.org with their Mount Sinai username and password. Please note that any user’s first login will require users to verify their email.
Only users with a Mount Sinai account can access REDCap. External users (without Mount Sinai credentials) must have their PI or delegate request an account on their behalf; these account requests are submitted at https://sailpoint.mountsinai.org.
Questions about accounts and access can be submitted as a ticket.
REDCap Support Materials
Scientific Computing and Data hosts REDCap Town Hall and Training sessions that are open to current and prospective REDCap users. Here are the session archives:
- 2022 REDCap Town Hall (Slide Deck)
- 2022 REDCap Town Hall (Presentation Recording)
- 2021 REDCap User Training (Slide Deck)
- 2020 REDCap User Training (Recorded Lecture)
- 2020 REDCap Town Hall (Slide Deck)
REDCap User Feedback
Every year we ask REDCap users for feedback on the functions and features of REDCap and solicit recommendations for improvement over time. Here are some specific recommendations and comments from REDCap users:
REDCap is free to sign up, use, and ask general questions. For project-specific development or services, there is a consulting fee of $140/hour. Annually, users supply $200/year for database production.