Vanderbilt’s REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, 21 CFR Part 11 compliant web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. REDCap provides:
- Audit trails for tracking data manipulation and user activity
- Automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel, PDF, and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
- A built-in project calendar
- A scheduling module
- Ad hoc reporting tools
- Advanced design features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields
Learn more about REDCap capabilities and features here.
REDCap is supported by grant UL1TR004419 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health.
All REDCap users must have their own accounts. All Mount Sinai Hospital and School users automatically have access to REDCap and can log in to https://redcap.mountsinai.org with their Mount Sinai username and password. Please note that any user’s first login will require users to verify their email.
Only users with a Mount Sinai account can access REDCap.
REDCap Accounts for External Users and Collaborators
Only users with a Mount Sinai account can access REDCap. External users (without Mount Sinai credentials) must have their PI or delegate request an account on their behalf.
The PI must:
- Create a Volunteer Identity for the collaborator. (See instructions here.) Note: when in Sinai Central, please select “Create Contingent Worker” instead of Create Volunteer).
- Once approved, the PI will receive an email notification informing them that the SailPoint request is complete. This email will contain a Mount Sinai Login ID and Password for the collaborator.
Then, the Collaborator must:
- Navigate to https://mshmsvpn.mssm.edu to change their password
- Change their Mount Sinai Password
- Navigate to https://redcap.mountsinai.org
- Log in with their Mount Sinai Login ID and new Password
- Upon first login, the Collaborator will be prompted to verify their email address. Note: use an active email address.
- Collaborators can then create new projects or be added to existing projects by the project owners.
Please note: Collaborator accounts are temporary and will expire at 120 days, however they can be renewed prior to the expiration date.
For assistance on password issues, reach out to the IT Helpdesk:
By Phone: 1-212-241-7091
Via email: ASCIT@mssm.edu
Questions about accounts and access can be submitted as a ticket.
REDCap Support Materials
Scientific Computing and Data hosts REDCap Town Hall and Training sessions that are open to current and prospective REDCap users. Here are the session archives:
- 2022 REDCap Town Hall (Slide Deck)
- 2022 REDCap Town Hall (Presentation Recording)
- 2021 REDCap User Training (Slide Deck)
- 2020 REDCap User Training (Recorded Lecture)
- 2020 REDCap Town Hall (Slide Deck)
REDCap User Feedback
Every year we ask REDCap users for feedback on the functions and features of REDCap and solicit recommendations for improvement over time. Here are some specific recommendations and comments from REDCap users:
REDCap is free to sign up, use, and ask general questions. For project-specific development or services, there is a consulting fee of $140/hour. Annually, users supply $200/year for database production.