Summer Research Program in Biomedical Big Data Science
Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
The Ma’ayan Laboratory’s Summer Research Training Program in Biomedical Big Data Science is a research intensive ten-week training program for undergraduate and master’s students interested in participating in cutting edge research projects aimed at solving data-intensive biomedical problems. Summer fellows training in the Ma’ayan Laboratory conduct faculty-mentored independent research projects in the following areas: data harmonization, machine learning, cloud computing and dynamic data visualization.
To be considered for this program, applicants must be:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Undergraduate or master’s student in good academic standing
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) on their research project in the Ma’ayan Laboratory and take part in all program activities (e.g., weekly meetings, enrichment lectures, and the project presentation session).
- Direct research experience with projects aimed at solving data-intensive biomedical problems.
- Summer fellows training in the Ma’ayan Laboratory will earn a $8,000 salary for the ten-week training period. The salary is subject to all federal, state, and local taxes.
- Interaction with computational experts in the Center and members of the Ma’ayan Laboratory through weekly meetings, enrichment lectures, and a project presentation session.
Who Should Apply?
- Students majoring in Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Sciences or Biological Sciences and have an interest in Biomedical Big Data Science.
- Members of all underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- Submit an online application form
- E-mail your resume and an unofficial copy of your school transcripts in PDF format to Sherry Jenkins, Program Co-Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please have your recommender email a letter of recommendation on your behalf directly to Sherry Jenkins, Program Co-Director at email@example.com.
Trainees and Projects
- 2022: Trainees
- 2021: Trainees
- 2020: Trainees & Videos
- 2019: Trainees & Videos
- 2018: Trainees & Videos
- 2017: Trainees & Videos
- 2016: Trainees & Videos
- 2015: Trainees
Questions about our Summer Research Training Program?
Please contact Sherry Jenkins, Program Co-Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Statement (updated October 2022)
While we hope to bring trainees safely into the Ma’ayan Laboratory on campus for summer session 2023, we are planning an all-remote program for health and safety considerations at this time.