Summer Research Program in Biomedical Big Data Science
Program Dates: June 1 – August 7, 2020
The Ma’ayan Laboratory’s Summer Research Training Program in Biomedical Big Data Science is a research intensive ten-week training program for undergraduate and graduate students interested in participating in cutting edge research projects aimed at solving data-intensive biomedical problems. Summer fellows training in the Ma’ayan Laboratory conduct faculty-mentored independent research projects in the following areas: data harmonization, machine learning, cloud computing and dynamic data visualization.
To be considered for this program, applicants must be:
- US citizens, permanent residents or temporarily authorized to work (e.g. for a job / internship under OPT/CPT)
- Undergraduate or master’s student in good academic standing
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) on their research project in the Ma’ayan Laboratory and take part in all program activities (e.g., weekly meetings, enrichment lectures, and the project presentation session).
- Direct research experience with projects aimed at solving data-intensive biomedical problems.
- Summer fellows training in the Ma’ayan Laboratory will earn a $8,000 salary for the ten-week training period. The salary is subject to all federal, state, and local taxes.
- Interaction with computational experts in the Center and members of the Ma’ayan Laboratory through weekly meetings, enrichment lectures, and a project presentation session.
Who Should Apply?
- Students majoring in Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Sciences or Biological Sciences and have an interest in Biomedical Big Data Science.
- Members of all underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2020 at 12 Midnight Eastern Time
- Submit an online application form
- E-mail your resume and an unofficial copy of your school transcripts in PDF format to Sherry Jenkins, Program Manager at email@example.com.
- Please have your recommender email a letter of recommendation on your behalf directly to Sherry Jenkins, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2019: Trainees & Videos
- 2018: Trainees & Videos
- 2017: Trainees & Videos
- 2016: Trainees & Videos
- 2015: Trainees
Questions about our Summer Research Training Program?
Please contact Sherry Jenkins (Program Manager II) at email@example.com.