The Spine Lab and collaborators successfully presented 10 abstracts this year at ORS in San Diego
- Rolfe RA, Oyen ML, Iatridis JC, Nowlan NC: Short Periods of Fetal Immobility Lead to Dramatic Effects on Spine and Rib Development, Paper #: 212.
- Long RG, Nakai T, Sakai D, Iatridis JC, Alini M, Grad S, Li Z: TGFβ1 induces a contractile CD146+ phenotype of human annulus fibrosus cells and may be delivered in a carrier for annulus fibrosus repair, Poster #: 1793.
- Torre OM, Das R, Mosley GE, Huang AH, Iatridis JC: Development of an In Vivo Model of Neonatal Intervertebral Disc Injury and Regeneration, Poster #: 1829.
- Cruz MA, Hom WW, Merril R, Torre OM, Nasser P, Hecht AC, Illien-Junger S, Iatridis JC: Cell-Seeded Adhesive Biomaterial for Repair of Annulus Fibrosus Defects in Intervertebral Discs, Transactions of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Poster Session: PS2-120, Spine – Disc, Tissue Engineering and Repair, Poster #: 1800, 2017.
- Lin HA, Varma DM, Hom WW, Cruz MA, Nasser PR, Iatridis JC, Nicoll SB: Injectable Cellulosic Hydrogels as Nucleus Pulposus Replacements: Assessment of Herniation Risk, Fatigue Behavior, and In Vivo Biocompatibility, Transactions of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Poster Session: PS2-120, Spine – Disc, Tissue Engineering and Repair, Poster #: 1799, 2017.
- Lai A, Evashwick-Rogler TW, Salandra JM, Ho L, Laudier DM, Cho SK, Hecht AC, Winkelstein BA, Pasinetti GM Iatridis JC: A Potential Safe and Novel Drink For Preventing Pain Associated With Disc Degeneration – An In-Vivo Rat Model, Transactions of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Poster session: PS2-121, Poster # 1839, 2017.
- Evashwick-Rogler TW, Lai A, Salandra JM, Purmessur D, Skovrlj B, Winkelstein BA, Cho SK, Hecht Ac, Iatridis JC: Disc height loss, but not Pro-inflammatory cytokine or Substance P expression, Predicts Intervertebral Disc Degeneration-Related Pain in a Rat Model, Transactions of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Poster Session: PS1-044, Spine – Disc Biology, Poster #: 854, 2017.
- Palacio-Mancheno P, Evashwick-Rogler TW, Laudier DM, Purmessur D, Iatridis JC: Hyperosmolar Overloading in a Mouse Organ Culture Model Induces Notochordal Cell Differentiation with Osmoregulatory Aquaporin3 Upregulation and Altered N-Cad and Connexin-43 Mechanotransduction Expression, Transactions of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Poster Session: PS2-121, Spine – Disc Biology, Poster # 1817, 2017.
- Palacio-Mancheno P, Kindschuh WF, Chen X, Harned AA, Iatridis JC: Illien-Jünger S: Age- and Sex-Dependent Effects of Advanced Glycation Endproducts Ingestion on Vertebral Bone Quality and Function, Transactions of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Poster Session: PS1-029, Bone – Musculoskeletal Development and Aging, Poster #: 0672, 2017.
- Gluck MJ, Beck CM, Vijayaraghavan S, Iatridis JC, Hausman MR: In Situ Imaging of Rat Median Nerve Damage Using Second Harmonic Generation Microscopy: Advancing Towards an In Vivo Application, Transactions of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Poster Session: PS2-152, Diagnostic Imaging, Poster #: 2241, 2017.
James Iatridis also Chaired the ORS Spine Section Meeting and became 2nd Vice President of the ORS. We enjoyed being part of the Van Mow academic tree during his Shands Award Presentation #VanMow #ORS2017.
In addition to research activities, most of the Orthopaedic Research Lab attendees met at Tom Evashwick-Rogler’s family home for a great barbeque in celebration of a very successful meeting.