Summer Research Program in Biomedical Big Data Science
Program Dates: June 3, 2019 – August 9, 2019
The Summer Research Training Program in Biomedical Big Data Science sponsored by the BD2K-LINCS Data Coordination and Integration Center (DCIC) is a research intensive ten-week training program for undergraduate and graduate students interested in participating in cutting edge research projects aimed at solving data-intensive biomedical problems. Summer fellows training in the Ma’ayan Laboratory conduct faculty-mentored independent research projects in the following areas:
Dynamic Data Visualization
The BD2K-LINCS DCIC is part of the Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) NIH initiative, and it is the data coordination center for the NIH Common Fund’s Library of Integrated Network-based Cellular Signatures (LINCS) program. The BD2K-LINCS DCIC supports data science research focused on developing methods that would further extract knowledge from LINCS data by integrating LINCS data with other relevant resources. The data science projects will address methodological and computational challenges related to such integrative analyses.
To be considered for this program, applicants must be:
- US citizens or permanent residents
- an undergraduate or master’s student in good academic standing
- Direct research experience with projects aimed at solving data-intensive biomedical problems.
- Summer fellows training in the Ma’ayan Laboratory will earn a $6,000 salary for the ten-week training period. The salary is subject to all federal, state, and local taxes.
- Interaction with computational experts in the Center and members of the Ma’ayan Laboratory through weekly meetings, enrichment lectures, and a poster session.
Who Should Apply?
- Students majoring in Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Sciences and Biological Sciences who have an interest in Biomedical Big Data Science.
- Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2019 at 12 Midnight Eastern Time
- Submit an online application form
- E-mail your resume and an unofficial copy of your school transcripts in PDF format to Sherry Jenkins, Program Manager at email@example.com.
- Please have your recommender email a letter of recommendation on your behalf directly to Sherry Jenkins, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about our Summer Research Training Program?
Please contact Sherry Jenkins (Program Manager II) at email@example.com.