Computational and Mathematical Methods to Study the Complexity of Regulatory Networks in Mammalian Cells
The Ma’ayan Laboratory applies machine learning and other statistical mining techniques to study how intracellular regulatory systems function as networks to control cellular processes such as differentiation, dedifferentiation, apoptosis and proliferation.
Our research team develops software systems to help experimental biologists form novel hypotheses from high-throughput data, while aiming to better understand the structure and function of regulatory networks in mammalian cellular and multi-cellular systems. Read More
modEnrichr: a suite of gene set enrichment analysis tools for model organisms
modEnrichr is an expansion of Enrichr for four model organisms: fish, fly, worm and yeast. The gene set libraries within FishEnrichr, FlyEnrichr, WormEnrichr and YeastEnrichr are created from the Gene Ontology, mRNA expression profiles, GeneRIF, pathway databases, protein domain databases and other organism-specific resources. Additionally, libraries were created by predicting gene function from RNA-seq co-expression data processed uniformly from the gene expression omnibus for each organism. The modEnrichr suite of tools provides the ability to convert gene lists across species using an ortholog conversion tool that automatically detects the species. Read More
Citation: Kuleshov MV, Diaz JEL, Flamholz ZN, Keenan AB, Lachmann A, Wojciechowicz ML, Cagan RL, Ma’ayan A. modEnrichr: a suite of gene set enrichment analysis tools for model organisms. Nucleic Acids Research (2019) 10.1093/nar/gkz347.
- Finding Needles in the Haystack: Integrating ‘Omics Data to Predict Toxicity
- Mount Sinai Researchers Develop Tool that Analyzes Biomedical Data within Minutes
- Big Data, Networks Identify Cell Signaling Pathways in Lung Cancer
- Mount Sinai Health System Top 10 Researchers
- Mount Sinai Researchers Receive NIH Grant to Develop New Ways to Share and Reuse Research Data
- Students Harness Big Data to Help Solve Medical Challenges
- The FAIR Data-Sharing Movement: BD2K Centers Make Headway
- BD2K Centers Open Doors to Discovery
- Big Data and Drugs: BD2K Centers Solidify Emerging Approaches