Collaborate with Us!
We are committed to Open Science; some of the best ideas we have are listed HERE. We welcome scientists at all levels, from all geographical or institutional backgrounds to work with us, especially on projects that utilized public datasets (TCGA, ICGC, CPTAC, AMP-AD, UKBioBank, DepMap, etc.) See our extensive collaboration in the Publication page. To ease the transition and help evaluate fit, we will also prioritize recruiting individuals with whom we have great track records of collaboration.
Openings: Postdoctoral Research Scholars or Senior Scientists
[Instructor or Research-track AP depending on experience & Dean’s office evaluation]
We are recruiting postdoctoral scholars with expertise/interests in genomics, computational biology, and computer/data science. Responsibilities include:
1. Lead >= 2 high-impact projects that will translate to substantial scientific and clinical advancement.
2. Become an expert in at least 1 high-dimensional data type, 1 computational/data science approach, and 1 biological/medical field. Utilize expertise to guide and collaborate with colleagues in and out of the lab for co-authorship opportunities.
3. Present scientific results through well-written manuscripts, grant proposals, and oral presentations.
4. Help build and maintain an environment promoting our core values: integrity, curiosity, persistence, teamwork, and innovation.
5. Respect and have fun with colleagues. We are here to have a great time while making discoveries!
Active projects in the Huang | Computational Omics Lab focus on Multi-Omics integration, Immuno-omics, and Clinical-Omics of human diseases, including Alzheimer’s Disease, Cancer, and COVID-19. The team has established extensive networks in national consortia and internal/external collaborations (e.g., Mount Sinai datasets that included diverse individuals in NYC) that the candidate can further build on for collaborative and career opportunities. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds with relevant skill sets to apply and will consider specific research proposals.
The lab has established procedures for virtual meetings and 100% REMOTE WORK until the pandemic situation improves.
Please send your CV, GitHub (or code), and demo/code/presentation of one of your interesting projects (from any field, does not have to be in science) to email@example.com.
Openings: Ph.D./Master Students
We welcome inquiries from Ph.D. & Master students of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS).
Openings: Collaborators & Volunteers
We welcome scientists at all levels to collaborate with us. Please see the Science page to refresh on data science/computational biology learning materials that will enable you to contribute.
Postdoctoral fellows are encouraged and supported to apply to prestigious fellowships to facilitate their career development.
Postdoctoral fellowships compiled on asntech.github.io
NIH Postdoctoral Fellowships
Jane Coffins Child Fellowship for cancer research
Damon Runyun Fellowship for cancer research
HHMI Hanna H. Gray Fellows Program for diversity
McDonnell Fellowship for Dynamic and Multi-scale Systems
PhRMA Foundation Fellowship (including Bioinformatics)
Life Sciences Research Foundation Fellowship
HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Scholars