Collaborate with Us!
We are committed to Open Science; some ideas for ongoing and potential research are listed HERE. We welcome scientists at all levels, and from all geographical or institutional backgrounds, to volunteer or apply to open positions. Volunteers can leverage the large-scale datasets that we have curated or our software to tackle their questions of interest.
We also welcome inquiries of collaboration from and outside of ISMMS. Please see our collaboration record on the Publication page.
Open position: Postdoctoral Scholar or Senior Scientist
We are recruiting postdoctoral scholars with expertise in genomics, computational biology, and computer/data science. Responsibilities include:
1. Lead at least 2 high-impact projects that will translate to substantial scientific and clinical advancement.
2. Become an expert in at least 1 high-dimensional data type, 1 computational/data science approach, and 1 biological/medical domain. Utilize your expertise to guide and collaborate with colleagues in and out of the lab for co-authorship opportunities.
3. Present scientific results through well-written manuscripts, grant proposals, and oral presentations.
4. Help build and maintain an environment promoting our core values: integrity, curiosity, persistence, teamwork, and innovation.
5. Respect and have fun with colleagues. We are here to have a great time while making discoveries!
At the Computational Omics | Huang Lab, you will focus on using Multi-Omics and Machine-Learning (ML) approaches to address key challenges in age-related human diseases, including Alzheimer’s Disease, Cancer, and COVID-19. Our team has established extensive networks in national consortia and internal/external collaborations that you can build upon for collaboration and career advancement opportunities. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds with relevant skill sets to apply and will consider specific research proposals.
Since 2020, the lab has established options for hybrid/virtual meetings and onsite/remote work. We also offer competitive salaries (10K+ above NIH recommendation) and discounted postdoc housing in New York City.
If you are interested, please send your CV, GitHub (or code), and demo of one project that you are proudest of (from any field) to email@example.com
Open position: Ph.D./Master Students
We welcome inquiries from Ph.D. & Master students of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS).
Open position: Volunteers
We welcome scientists at all levels to collaborate with us. If you are at a high school, collegiate, or MD student level, please see the Science page to leverage the data science/computational biology learning materials that will enable you to contribute to biomedical breakthroughs.
Postdoctoral fellows are encouraged and supported to apply to prestigious fellowships to facilitate their career development.
Postdoctoral fellowships compiled on asntech.github.io
NIH Postdoctoral Fellowships
Jane Coffins Child Fellowship for cancer research
Damon Runyun Fellowship for cancer research
HHMI Hanna H. Gray Fellows Program for diversity
McDonnell Fellowship for Dynamic and Multi-scale Systems
PhRMA Foundation Fellowship (including Bioinformatics)
Life Sciences Research Foundation Fellowship
HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Scholars