Mirna Chehade, MD, MPH; Director
Clinic Office Hours:
Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Dr. Mirna Chehade, MD, MPH is Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, NY. She is the founding director of the Mount Sinai Center for Eosinophilic Disorders (MSCED) at the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute. The Center provides cutting edge clinical care, research, and support for patients with eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases and their families, including eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) and other eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders (EGIDs).
Dr. Chehade diagnoses and treats children and adults with these conditions. At the MSCED, patients also have access to an allergist, dietitian, and psychiatrist, all with expertise in food allergy. They also have access to the MSCED support group and other activities at the Center.
Since 2013, Dr. Chehade has been voted every year as a Castle Connolly top doctor in Pediatric Gastroenterology. She runs several clinical and translational research studies on EoE and other EGIDs. She is also a site principal investigator in multi-center clinical trials on EGIDs including EoE.
Dr. Chehade has several publications on EGIDs. She is an active member in national and international organizations, including AAAAI, EAACI, NASPGHAN and AGA. She also volunteers as a member of the medical advisory boards of the American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders (APFED) and the International Food Protein Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome Association (iFPIES). Dr. Chehade is a frequently invited speaker at national and international meetings, and an invited reviewer for a number of gastroenterology and allergy journals.
- American Board of Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Clinical focus
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Eosinophilic gastritis
- Eosinophilic gastroenteritis
- Eosinophilic enteritis
- Eosinophilic colitis
- Food protein induced enterocolitis
- Gastrointestinal food allergy
- MD, American University of Beirut
- Residency, Pediatrics, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Fellowship, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- MPH, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- 2001, NIH- K-30 Clinical Research Training Award
- 2003, Sepracor American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) Research Excellence Award
- 2013-present, Castle Connolly Top Doctor in the field of Pediatric Gastroenterology
- 2014, Elsevier Pilot Research Award
- 2017, Recognition by ISMMS & NYC Department of Education for promoting Development of high school students
- 2018, APFED/AAAAI Pilot Grant Award