Position : Bioinformatician I
Posting Date: 2/21/18
Augusto Villanueva MD, PhD
Division of Liver Diseases
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
1425 Madison Ave, Box 1123, Room 11-70
New York, NY 10029
Brief Division Description:
As part of the Liver Cancer Program at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Dr.
Augusto Villanueva, is aiming to develop a competitive translational research program focusing
on minimally invasive prognostic and predictive biomarkers in liver cancer. The laboratory is
also dedicated to the identification of novel targets for therapies using genomic data from human
samples and validation in experimental models of liver cancer. The Liver Cancer Program at
Mount Sinai is a worldwide leader in the field of genomic profiling, signaling pathway
deregulation and novel target discovery in liver cancer.
Job description :
We are seeking for a talented and highly motivated full-time bioinformatician to provide support
to the Laboratory, and address its increasing analytical demands. Duties of the position include:
– Pre-processing of high-density sequencing data (quality control, filtering, etc…), both
from next generation sequencing experiments.
– Sequence annotation, alignment and assembly. Variant calling.
– Differential gene expression, clustering, class discovery and prediction.
– Reporting and manuscript preparation.
Requirements (qualifications) for the position are:
– Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Biology or related discipline
– Masters in Bioinformatics
– Advanced skills in high-level statistical programming language (preferably in R)
– Contrasted research experience through peer-reviewed publications
– Experience with database systems and query optimization is desirable
At least 2 contact references