Senior Associate Research Scientist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY (Req # 3000974)
This is an in-person position, managing a wet lab space and working with a wide range of samples. This individual will be running biomarker assays (including but not limited to calprotectin and lipocalin) and working to identify biological pathways associated with disease risk transmission and development and the insufficient responses to treatments by applying a variety of approaches to effectively integrate and analyze microbiome, clinical, genetic, genomic and other omics data.
Qualified candidates should possess strong communication skills, creativity, self-motivation, the ability to work independently and apply their unique problem solving to group work. This position will be involved across multiple research projects and we encourage this individual to explore research questions of their own. Candidates must also be proficient in oral and written English.
- Bachelors Degree in sciences or related field. Masters Degree or Ph.D. in sciences or related field preferred.
- 5 years in a research environment
- Candidates should have a strong background in statistical genetics, genetic epidemiology and/or bioinformatics and preferentially hold a degree in one of the following disciplines: Genetics, Genetic Epidemiology, Statistical Genetics, Bioinformatics, or Computational Biology. Prior experience in the field of genetics of complex diseases is an advantage
- Bioinformatics/Computational Biology (background is required)
- Experience in Genetics / Genetic Epidemiology / Statistical Epidemiology
- Proficiency in R, Perl/Python, UNIX or other statistical genetics package
- Bench experience
To apply, please submit:
1. A complete CV, including a list of publications.
2. A one-page statement of how your training and expertise connects to our research interests.
3. Contact information for at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org