Postdoctoral Fellow (Statistical Genetics) in the Institute for Genomic Health
A postdoctoral position is available in the Institute for Genomic Health (IGH) to apply statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology approaches to real world clinical data. The postdoctoral fellow will be co-mentored by Dr. Noura Abul-Husn (IGH Clinical Director) and Dr. Eimear Kenny (IGH Director).
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to effectively apply statistical and computational approaches to study gene-disease associations and genomic risk in diverse populations, using the electronic health record-linked BioMe Biobank. The project will integrate and analyze genomic and clinical data, evaluate and refine monogenic and polygenic risk estimates for medically actionable conditions (including cancers and cardiovascular diseases), and drive the implementation of genomic medicine. The successful candidate will be joining a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team of researchers, including statistical and population geneticists, clinical geneticists, and others.
Candidate requirements include:
- Expertise in statistical genetics and proficiency in statistical computing and programming
- MD or PhD in Statistical Genetics, Genetic Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline
- Strong communication skills, creativity, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
Please send inquiries to email@example.com with:
- A complete CV
- A cover letter describing how your training and expertise relate to our research interests
- Contact information for at least 2 references