To offset a portion of the investment that Sinai has made, we are requesting that researchers include funding in their grants for Scientific Computing. Please refer to the attached fee schedule which needs to be included in grants that plan to use Minerva or Scientific Computing’s resources. You will only be charged for the specific amount of resources that you use. If you require dedicated nodes or storage, we will also integrate new nodes dedicated to your research into our infrastructure. Please contact Patricia Kovatch for a letter of support or any dedicated computing resources. We greatly appreciate your assistance to make this endeavor sustainable.
Fee Schedule and Policy
- The Principal Investigator (PI) of a Minerva project is responsible for paying for all on-line storage used by the project if it exceeds 1TiB. Charges are determined yearly by the Mount Sinai Compliance and Finance Departments and include all Minerva services, i.e., cpu and gpu utilization; the storage, itself; archive storage; etc. The current charging rate is $100/TiB/yr calculated monthly at a rate of $8.33/TiB/mo.
- Beginning 2021 we will charge every 2 months automatically using internal invoicing through central finance
- PIs are sent a monthly report showing their group’s usage along with the cost.
- PIs should make sure a valid funding # provided on the Minerva Storage – Information Collection Form by the 15th of the 2nd month of the billing cycle. PIs can log back to the form to update funding # with the return code provided after submitting the form.
- If no valid funding # received by the 15th of the 2nd month of the billing cycle, all project files under the PI will be locked.
- If no valid funding # received after 3 months of the billing cycle, a final notice that the files will be deleted in a month will be sent to the PI, the department chair and the department administrator.
- If no arrangements for payment are made after the 1-month final notice period, the files will be deleted and the project will be removed from Minerva.