Postdoctoral Research Scholars
We are recruiting postdoctoral scholars from the field of bioinformatics, computational biology, and computer/data science. Responsibilities include:
1. Lead at least 2 high-impact projects concurrently translating to substantial scientific advancement (ex. several software/tool publications and 2 major biological discovery/medical application publications).
2. Become an expert in at least 1 high-dimensional data type, 1 computational/data science approach, and 1 biological/medical field. Utilize such expertise to guide and collaborate with colleagues in and out of the lab for co-authorship opportunities.
3. Present scientific results effectively through well-written manuscripts, grant proposals, and oral presentations.
4. Help build and maintain an environment promoting our core values: integrity, curiosity, persistence, teamwork, and innovation.
5. Respect and have fun with colleagues. We are here to have a great time making discoveries in biomedical sciences.
Currently-active projects in the Huang | Computational Omics Lab focus on Immune System Multi-omics (ex.proteogenomics integration, single-cell multi-omics) of Alzheimer’s Disease and Cancer. The team has established strong networks in national consortia (ex. IGAP, ADNI, TCGA, CPTAC) and internal/external collaborations that the candidate can further build on. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds with relevant skill sets to apply and will consider specific research proposals as well.
Please send your CV, GitHub (or code), and demo/code/presentation of one of your interesting projects (from any field, does not have to be in your science) to email@example.com.
We welcome inquiries from Ph.D. students of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS).
Postdoctoral fellows are encouraged and supported to apply to prestigious fellowships to facilitate their career development.
Postdoctoral fellowships compiled on asntech.github.io
NIH Postdoctoral Fellowships
Jane Coffins Child Fellowship for cancer research
Damon Runyun Fellowship for cancer research
HHMI Hanna H. Gray Fellows Program for diversity
McDonnell Fellowship for Dynamic and Multi-scale Systems
PhRMA Foundation Fellowship (including Bioinformatics)
Life Sciences Research Foundation Fellowship
HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Scholars