The Program for the Protection of Human Subjects (PPHS) is moving forward in its roll-out of the IDEATE electronic submission process. Currently all Exempt projects are being reviewed through IDEATE, and starting Tuesday, May 31, 2016, all Initial Expedited applications from all departments must use IDEATE.
Research Administration has been working for many months on this new electronic submission process using a program called IDEATE, which will be used when applying for human research project approval. At this time IACUC and some IRB submissions are reviewed using the software, and the plan is for the submission program to serve all research administration offices (i.e. PPHS, IDS, RSC, IBC, CRU, etc.) and allow all of the research offices to electronically review a single application! This will be a marked improvement over the current state where multiple different submissions may have to be made for a single project.
There is no required training, but the PPHS encourages you to connect with the IDEATE@mssm.edu team for assistance. Remember that an IF submission must first be created through Sinai Central, all education requirements must be met for everyone on the team, and an InfoEd submission started by the research team before a submission will be accepted by the PPHS. The PPHS also suggests that your researchers register with IDEATE for access to the system and ask that they update their profiles (adding their CV) before they begin their first submission.
Please follow the helpful links below for assistance.
- To request IDEATE access click here: http://osticket.mssm.edu/support/open.php
- Once you have an Ideate login, you can access IDEATE here: https://ideate.mssm.edu
- For useful user guides for IDEATE, please click here: http://osticket.mssm.edu/support/pages/ideate-human-subjects
- Please email any e-system questions and feedback to email@example.com
- For all IDEATE support requests, you will receive an initial response within 2 business hours from a live person.
- For IRB support, please email human research questions to the IRB@mssm.eduor call 212-824-8200
IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently, only Firefox browser is supported for IDEATE at this time: Download Firefox
We encourage your feedback over the next several months, as we make this system robust and fix the emerging issues. Thank you in advance for your attention to this very important project.