The Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations of the Mount Sinai Development Office provides this curated list of funding opportunities to find faculty who may be interested and to provide assistance with the application process. Please see below for some of their upcoming deadlines, and check out their website for more information: http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/portal/resources/corporate-foundation-relations.
Please note – if you are interested in general funding opportunities (not a specific RFP listed here), please fill out the form linked on the site with your inquiry.
Melanoma Research Foundation: https://www.melanoma.org/research-center/research-grants
The Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) is committed to advancing research across the spectrum of melanoma – from prevention through diagnosis, staging and treatment. The MRF proactively partners with the NCI, Congress, the Department of Defense and other foundations to develop and collaborate on a broad agenda for melanoma research that takes full advantage of all opportunities, while also sharing challenges. Since 1998, the MRF has funded over 130 innovative, high impact, basic, translational and clinical research projects. Further, in 2016, the MRF awarded over $1.2 million dollars in new melanoma research.
- Young Investigator Research Team Award
- The MRF, in partnership with the MRF Breakthrough Consortium (MRFBC) and Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS), is pleased to announce a new research award for 2017 for young investigator teams designed to advance the field of translational immuno-oncology research.
- Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2017.
Whitehall Foundation Research Grants: http://www.whitehall.org/grants/
The Whitehall Foundation, through its program of grants and grants-in-aid, assists scholarly research in the life sciences. It is the Foundation’s policy to assist those dynamic areas of basic biological research that are not heavily supported by Federal Agencies or other foundations with specialized missions. In order to respond to the changing environment, the Whitehall Foundation periodically reassesses the need for financial support by the various fields of biological research.
- Typical grants are for up to $225,000
- Letter of Inquiry deadline is October 1, 2017.
Broad Medical Research Program @ Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
Research grants are available for innovative proposals that will lead to improvements in the prevention, diagnosis, or therapy of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. BMRP-CCFA especially supports research that can be readily translated to improve the care of human IBD in the near future.
- Rolling Deadline Opportunity
- Please email CorpFoundHelp@mountsinai.org if you are interested in this rolling deadline program, and the Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations will facilitate approaching the foundation.