Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations Announces Funding Opportunities
The Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations of the Mount Sinai Development Office provides this curated list of funding opportunities to find faculty who may be interested and to provide assistance with the application process. Please see below for some of their upcoming deadlines, and check out their website for more information: http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/portal/resources/corporate-foundation-relations
Please note – if you are interested in general funding opportunities (not a specific RFP listed here), please fill out the form linked on the site with your inquiry.
Postdoctoral Enrichment Program – Burroughs Wellcome Fund
Postdoctoral Enrichment Program (PDEP) provides a total of $60,000 over three years to support the career development activities for underrepresented minority postdoctoral fellows in a degree-granting institution (an institution includes its affiliated graduate and medical schools, hospitals and research institutions) in the United States or Canada whose training and professional development are guided by mentors committed to helping them advance to stellar careers in biomedical or medical research.
- Generally, up to 12 awards will be granted for enrichment activities annually. This grant is meant to supplement the training of postdocs whose research activities are already supported. It is not a research grant.
- The program provides a total of $60,000 over three years as follows:
- Year one: $20,000 will be granted to support enrichment activities of the postdoctoral fellow ($10,000 for research supplies or equipment uniquely required to enhance the postdoctoral fellow’s research and $10,000 for education and training, including for mentors in the research lab where the postdoctoral fellow is assigned.)
- Year two: $20,000 (same allocation as year one)
- Year three: $20,000 will be granted to help the postdoctoral fellow advance research efforts towards the professoriate. The funds must be used to develop independent, innovative areas of research.
- Deadline: January 16, 2018 by 4 PM EST
Broad Medical Research Program @ Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
Research grants are available for innovative proposals that will lead to improvements in the prevention, diagnosis, or therapy of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. BMRP-CCFA especially supports research that can be readily translated to improve the care of human IBD in the near future.
- Rolling Deadline: Please email CorpFoundHelp@mountsinai.org if you are interested in this rolling deadline program, and the Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations will facilitate approaching the foundation.