The Department of Corporate and Foundation Relations of the Mount Sinai Development Office provides this curated list of funding opportunities to find faculty who may be interested and to offer assistance with the application process. Please see below for some of their upcoming deadlines, and contact them at CorpFoundHelp@mountsinai.org, if you would like to find out more.
American Society of Nephrology Funding for New Investigators: https://www.asn-online.org/grants/career/
The ASN Foundation for Kidney Research awards these grants to advance the independent careers of young investigators in biomedical research.
- Career Development Grants for New Investigators
- Next deadline cycle will open on October 19 and close on December 14, 2016 at 2 PM
- Please see website for additional funding opportunities and schedules
American Federation for Aging Research 2017 Grants: http://www.afar.org/research/funding/
Since 1981, AFAR has provided over $160 million to nearly 3,200 talented investigators and students. AFAR offers grants at all different levels of investigation, from student to senior investigator.
- Deadlines and amounts are varied, please see website for details regarding specific grants
Pancreatic Action Network 2017 Research Funding Opportunities: https://www.pancan.org/research/grants-program/
Five funding mechanisms are now accepting applications from postdoctoral fellows, junior independent researchers and senior investigators. We are also announcing our two new targeted grants (in early detection and precision medicine) that will open in December.
- Projects are normally funded for a period of four years, in the range of $750,000 over the term of the project.
- Deadlines: Various, please see website